Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Colour Bomb art journal page with Deb

Hello Off the Rails Friends,

Deb here with an art journal page based on our challenge for this month - Colour Bomb.

I started by brushing a coat of clear gesso onto my journal page.  I love the Liquitex brand as it is grainy and adds texture to the page to start with.  Whilst waiting for this to dry I gathered together my supplies.

I took the 2 smallest stitched circle stamps from the Colour Blast stamp set and using the black stamp pad, stamped the larger of the 2, 3 times down the middle of the page.  I then took the smaller stamp and stamped that top and bottom and also inside the larger circles.  I then took the row of circles from the MME stamp set and stamped that between the larger circles.



I took the Kaiser paint in Royal Blue and Lime and dry brushed the circles, alternating the colours.
I them watered down the paint and splattered both colours all over the page.
When dry, I took the Kaiser Bubblewrap stamp and using a number of colours of Distress Inks, I stamped on both sides of the painted circles.

 I then used Dylusions Rose Quartz Ink Spray and lots of water to create the drip lines from the top of the page down.  I do apologise but my camera stopped working at this stage so I have no closeups of this.  When dry I added some Jane Davenport Washi Tape to the top of the page. 

At this stage I was really happy with how my page was coming together and loved the colour bomb I had created but thought it needed more!

Using a small Kaiser stencil, I applied Viva Inka Gold in Hydrangea, andCosmic Shimmer Paste in Polar White and Ocean Spray in various places on the page.
I finished the journal page with a sticker from 13 @rts - Marta Lapkowska Small Messages.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for our Colour Bomb challenge.





Thanks for stopping by
Deb xx




No comments :

Post a Comment