Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April moodboard challenge scrapbook layout tutorial with Brenda

Hello crafty friends and a big welcome to Off The Rails. Brenda here with you to share a page I created of my Eldest son Riley using this months challenge mood board for my inspiration.


I chose to use the beautiful bright colours from it along with the rosettes and the dots all over the lips for my inspiration. I just loved this mood board and the bright colours and as soon as I looked at it I felt happy, I needed a fun happy photo and I knew just the one. Riley house swimming sports. His house colours are yellow and all the students are encouraged to dress up and do a fashion parade as well. Yes my fun loving son is in the middle and they were the winners of the parade. 


 For the rosette I created it with a stencil and texture paste. Once this was dry I then went over it with different bright Distress Inks.

I worked out where I wanted my photo to sit and the frame I was gong to use so that I knew I had enough of the background showing when it was placed on the top.


I mounted the photo on orange patterned paper and the frame I painted red. On both I did circle/line in white as well to match in with what chippies I was going to use. 

For my circle and butterfly chippies I used Paint Pens all different colours.  Over the top of the Butterflies I used a Clear Wink Of Stella to give it a little sparkle.

Once everything was placed on my page I then used the different paint pens to put dots everywhere on the page. Some even on the chippies. The lips in the mood board with all the dots were just screaming out at me to be used.

The last thing I did was colour and place my chippie title. First I painted it yellow to go with the kids outfits and then I used a sponge to sponge on it a little of the orange paint I used. 
  
I hope you have enjoyed popping in to see my page and how I have used this months mood board. Please make sure you join in with us this month because it is such a bright, lively mood board and I would love to see your take on it. Don't forget to keep scrolling to see some other amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team along with other takes on the challenge. 
Happy Crafting xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment